Feast :: A Soul Care Gathering
April 10-14, 2013
Registration is closed.
At the Feast Retreat, we will gather at Frog Creek Lodge in the Pacific Northwest woods outside Seattle and spend time sharing, playing, resting, cooking, creating, and dreaming. Through conversations and creative self-care adventures, we will explore the ebb and flow of life and experience ways we can, as Derek Walcott says in his poem “Love After Love”
Feast on your life.
(taken at Your Story 2012 by Vivienne McMaster)
During this five-day soul care gathering, Kelly Barton, Hannah Marcotti, and Liz Lamoreux will be your guides as they create a safe space where you can show up as you. As a group, we will cook meals together, make necklace and bracelet talismans to take home with us, explore ways to practice self-care, practice yoga, and circle to share stories and make deep connections. (Learn more about Kelly, Hannah, Liz and our kitchen guide and chef Persephone Brown on the guides page.)
When you arrive at this beautiful cabin in the woods, you will find a place when you can: lean into trust and your inner wisdom, open your heart to kindred spirits, and spend time playing, resting, and sitting in the quiet.
Note: Only 15 3 participant spots are available at this intimate retreat.
a peek into Frog Creek Lodge (taken at Unearth 2012 by Beth Hutson)
Your retreat experience includes:
- A safe environment that holds space for truth, laughter, moments of quiet, and the opportunity to share your story.
- A heart-opening five-day experience that begins with a welcome dinner and opening ceremony on Wednesday evening and ends with a closing ceremony Saturday evening and farewell breakfast Sunday morning.
- Daily group gatherings that will include creative self-care adventures in photography + writing, cooking meals together, jewelry making, and a few other good things.
- Space to connect with Liz, Hannah, and Kelly as your companions as they participate in the entire retreat alongside you.
- Time in community to explore meditation, ritual, and everyday sacredness as ways to be more present in your daily life.
- Daily meals and snacks created by our chef and kitchen guide Persephone that will nourish you and invite you to see food as a form of soul care.
- The opportunity to connect with kindred spirits who might just become life-long friends.
- Time away from your day-to-day roles where you can just show up as you.
- An invitation to come home to yourself.
Your tuition also includes:
- Four nights of lodging, shared rooms (twin beds throughout the bedrooms with 2 to 3 people per room)
- All meals* (except one dinner as the schedule includes free time one evening to explore the surrounding areas at your own pace)
- Snacks and hot tea/coffee/water provided daily
- All group gatherings led by Liz, Kelly, Hannah, and Persephone
- Evening activities: Opening and closing gatherings, an art & soul brunch (which will provide the opportunity for mentors + participants to share, trade, and sell their artwork), and other activities
- Surprises and treats throughout our time together
When you come to Feast, you will want to have room in your suitcase because we will be sharing some of our favorite soul care goodies with you throughout the retreat and you’ll need some space to take them home.
Visit the location and retreat guides pages for more information about Feast.
Important Note: The closest airport is the Seattle/Tacoma Aiport. Transportation to and from Frog Creek Lodge is not included. Past participants have rented cars and carpooled and often arrive early Wednesday to spend a few hours in Seattle exploring together. We will have a private Facebook group where participants and teachers can connect prior to the retreat about carpooling and other good things.
*Please know that allergy/food needs will be taken into consideration when planning meals and snacks so we can all be nourished during our time together. There is place to share this on the registration form.