It is only when we silent the blaring sounds of our daily existence
that we can finally hear the whispers of truth that life reveals to us,
as it stands knocking on the doorsteps of our hearts.
- K.T. Jong
- Being curled up by a fireplace, mug of tea in hand, feeling at home surrounded by candles and poetry and an invitation to be present to this moment.
- Sitting beside someone who is quickly becoming a friend as you each share your creative dreams and brainstorm how to live them into reality.
- Giving yourself the gift of time alone to spend in whatever way you choose without any expectation of what you need to do next.
- Baking cinnamon rolls and fresh coffee as your invitation to begin your day.
- Giving yourself permission to walk in the woods or along the water, to play with paper and glue and color, or to simply sit in the quiet remembering yourself.
- Finding your way to laughter and silliness and the decision that staying in pajamas all day is the perfect one for you.
- Having the space to simply listen to what you most need and then realizing that you are surrounded by women who will support you as you make it happen.
This is the be present retreats
This is a place where you can show up as you, and you will be given the gift of time to rest and recharge so you can find your way back to you. This is your invitation to come along on a journey to rekindle your creativity and create space for you.
The Be Present Retreats are an invitation to pause in your life and gather in an intimate, creative community to explore, create, discover, and soak up the world around you. Each retreat includes creative play + adventures combined with stories and "being present" exercises to encourage awareness of this moment. At each retreat, you will also be invited to practice self-care to rest and nurture yourself as needed.
Liz Lamoreux is the woman behind the retreats. Over the last few years, she's hosted more than 20 events and retreats. Learn more about her here.
More information about the Fall 2015 retreat will be posted in March.
Be sure to sign up for Liz's newsletter to be among the first to know.
Group photo taken by Vivienne McMaster