Fill It Up Buttercup
September 17-21, 2014
***Registration has begun. After you read all the juicy details below, head over here to register.
Fill It Up Buttercup is your invitation to dive into the blank white pages of a journal and fill them with words, watercolors, ink, dreams, lists of good things, photographs, and love letters. Kelly Barton and Liz Lamoreux will guide you through an adventure of exploring how you can "fill it up buttercup."
As we gather in the Pacific Northwest woods, we will:
Circle and paint and daydream and sketch.
Sit under shady trees and spin stories.
Poem it out on vintage typewriters.
Go on photography adventures and treasure hunts.
Walk along the shores of Puget Sound and find talismans and treasures.
Gather up all of this goodness and more into one gorgeous journal.
And there will be food + laughter + good music + light + love surrounding all of it.
a peek into Frog Creek Lodge (taken at Unearth 2012 by Beth Hutson)
We will gather at Frog Creek Lodge in the Pacific Northwest woods near Puget Sound outside Seattle. The Lodge is a sacred, special place that helps facilitate connection and time for rest and play. There's a labyrinth, walking trails, and a huge yard perfect for photography adventures.
When you arrive at this beautiful cabin in the woods, you will find a safe space to: lean into trust and your inner wisdom, open your heart to kindred spirits, and spend time playing, resting, and sitting in the quiet.
Note: Only 15 6 participant spots are still available at this intimate retreat.
Your Be Present Retreat experience includes:
- A safe environment that holds space for truth, laughter, moments of quiet, and the opportunity to share your story.
- A heart-opening five-day experience that begins with a welcome dinner and opening ceremony on Wednesday evening and ends with a closing ceremony Saturday evening and farewell breakfast Sunday morning.
- Daily group gatherings that will include writing, painting, photography, and other good things as we fill up the pages of our journals.
- Time in community to explore meditation, ritual, and everyday sacredness as ways to be more present in your daily life.
- Daily meals and snacks that will nourish you and invite you to see food as a form of soul care.
- The opportunity to connect with kindred spirits who might just become life-long friends.
- Time away from your day-to-day roles where you can just show up as you.
Your tuition also includes:
- Four nights of lodging, shared rooms (twin beds throughout the bedrooms with 2 to 3 people per room)
- All meals* (except one dinner as the schedule includes free time one evening to explore the surrounding areas at your own pace)
- Snacks and hot tea/coffee/water provided daily
- All group gatherings led by Liz and Kelly
- A Fill It Up Buttercup toolkit that includes most of the creative supplies you will need to play with your journal in our three days of workshops (you will take this toolkit home with you!)
- Evening activities: Opening and closing gatherings, an art & soul brunch (which will provide the opportunity for mentors + participants to share, trade, and sell their artwork), and other activities
- Surprises and treats throughout our time together
When you come to Fill It Up Buttercup, you will want to have room in your suitcase because we will be sharing some of our favorite creative + soul care goodies with you throughout the retreat and you’ll need some space to take them home.
Tuition and Registration
Retreat tuition is $1345
Registration has begun! Head to the registration page right here.
Note: There is a payment plan available. A $400 deposit is due upon registration with the remaining tuition due in three payments June 1, July 1, and August 1. More information will appear on the Registration form.
Important Note: The closest airport is the Seattle/Tacoma Aiport. Transportation to and from Frog Creek Lodge is not included. Past participants have rented cars and carpooled and often arrive early Wednesday to spend a few hours in Seattle exploring together. We will have a private Facebook group where participants and teachers can connect prior to the retreat about carpooling and other good things. And please note that this retreat is only for women.
*GF and vegetarian options will be provided at every meal. Please share any food allergies on the registration form and we will take those into consideration as much as possible when planning meals and snacks. If you have food concerns, we will communicate with you or provide a sample menu as we get closer to the retreat so you can decide where you might need to supplement based on your individual needs.