About the Your Story Retreat
June 19-23, 2013 in Gearhart, Oregon
photo by Vivienne McMaster (Your Story 2012)
UPDATED 2/6: We sold out in less than 24 hours. Please email me to be included on the waiting list.Please read below for details.
Here is a peek into this year's retreat:
Come along to the Oregon Coast with Ali Edwards, Kelly Barton, Vivienne McMaster, and Liz Lamoreux as your guides and explore ways to tell your story using photography, journaling, and art+crafty fun.
Throughout the retreat and workshops, Ali, Kelly, Vivienne, and Liz will share stories and creative tools while creating a safe, encouraging environment for everyone. We will let our cameras guide us, walk on the beach, and let the sun shine upon our heads as we listen to one another and share pieces of who we are.
Throughout our time together, we will explore the theme "Tell Your Story" as we dive into self-portraits, go on photography excursions, play with journals and have lots of creative fun, and so much more. We will also have some group discussions on topics like blogging and the intersection between our personal and private lives and how to navigate sharing our stories online.
Note: There are just 25 participant spots at this small retreat. 18 spots include lodging, 7 spots available for those who want to find their own lodging.
Gearhart (photo by Vivienne McMaster)
All Be Present Retreats include:
- A safe environment that holds space for truth, laughter, moments of quiet, and the opportunity to share your story.
- A heart-opening five-day experience that begins with a welcome dinner and opening ceremony on Wednesday evening and ends with a closing ceremony Saturday evening and farewell breakfast Sunday morning.
- Daily group gatherings that will provide you with the opportunity to sink into photography, journaling, creative play, conversations, and “being present practices,” so that you can add tools to your creative toolbox and give yourself the gift of uncovering more of your story.
- Space to connect with Liz, Ali, Vivienne, and Kelly as your companions as they participate in the entire retreat alongside you.
- Time in community to explore meditation, ritual, and everyday sacredness as ways to be more present in your daily life.
- The opportunity to connect with kindred spirits who might just become life-long friends.
- A time away from your day-to-day roles where you can just show up as you.
- The opportunity to connect with teachers who deeply understand the power of healing through creativity and will share stories that will remind you that you are not alone.
- An invitation to come home to yourself.
photo by Vivienne McMaster (Your Story 2012)
Your tuition also includes:
- Four nights of lodging, shared rooms (twin beds throughout the bedrooms with 2 to 4 people per room)
- All meals* (except one dinner as the schedule includes free time one evening to explore the surrounding areas at your own pace), and this year we have our own kitchen guide, Sasha Clements, who will be nourishing and organizing us during meal time
- Snacks and hot tea/coffee/water provided daily
- All group gatherings led by Liz, Kelly, Ali, and Vivienne
- Evening activities: Opening and closing gatherings, an art & soul brunch (which will provide the opportunity for mentors + participants to share, trade, and sell their artwork), and other activities
- Surprises and treats throughout our time together
When you come to Your Story, you will want to have room in your suitcase because we will be sharing some of our favorite goodies with you throughout the retreat and you’ll need a bit of space to take them home. There will also be a small supply list of things for you to bring with you that will be provided as we get closer to the retreat.
Registration has begun! However, we are sold out! Head over to the Registration Page to learn more and to be put on the wait list.
$1345 (with lodging)
$1100 (without lodging)
Important Note: The closest airport is the Portland Airport. Transportation to and from Gearhart is not included. Past participants have rented cars and carpooled and often arrive early Wednesday to spend a few hours in Portland exploring together. We will have a private Facebook group where participants and teachers can connect prior to the retreat about carpooling and other good things.
*Please know that allergy/food needs will be taken into consideration when planning meals and snacks so we can all be nourished during our time together. There is place to share this on the registration form.